Bamboo Buddy aims to combine benefits for the society as well as the environment by focusing on education, integration and sustainability. There is a growing trend of consumers also wanting to help where they can by buying fair trade, ecofriendly or sustainable products.
Here’s what we want to do:
- Work with a team of refugees and teach them the skills needed to hand craft beautiful bamboo bicycles. These will then be sold to eco conscious consumers and any money made will go straight back into the project.
- By working with us we hope to offer our team useful employability skills and a positive environment where they can learn the values and skills of working as part of a team working towards a common goal.
- In the future we would also like to offer members of the team employment opportunities directly with us but it’s still early days 🙂
- Our workshops will start early 2017 and our first bikes will be ready for sale shortly thereafter.
How can you get involved?
- The easiest way you can help is by spreading the word. The more people that know about us the better!
- If you like the idea if owning your own Bamboo bike you could be one of the first buy one!
- If you really like what we do and you’d like to donate please proceed here and state Bamboo Buddy as the intended cause.
- We will also be running weekend workshops for the public in spring 2017 where you can come and build your very own bamboo bike! If you fancy yourself as a craftsman then please get in touch!